Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Am I Too Ignorant?

Downloaded image of a girl studying from elementarytests.com

The other night while out to dinner I told a friend that I'm purposefully ignorant of many things. Rather than set myself up for arguments and drama I intentionally do not learn things that are going on in the world because most of it seems to be bad news and I always try to suck the negativity out like venom in a bite and spit it away to be released from my life...but lately I've been wondering...am I too ignorant?

Sadly, I'm starting to think the answer to this question may be yes.

When I was in school I fear I didn't really learn enough of anything. I got into a very severe habit of memorizing information, regurgitating it on the day of the test and then immediately forgetting it to prepare for the next exam. The result of 12 years of public school and 6 years of college is that there are many things I don't know, can't recall and/or never bothered to really pay attention to.

In fact, the funny thing is I've learned more since graduating high school and college than I ever did while in school. However, I think it's time to focus on learning more, reading more and paying more attention. The question now is-what do I want to know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...